The Ford F-150 lineup added a wide variety of black appearance packages for the 2022 model year. Available as the XLT Black Appearance Package, Platinum Black Appearance Package, Lariat Black Appearance Package and the STX Black Appearance Package, these exterior equipment groups add a dash of sinister black accents to the pickup’s exterior and interior. Ford Authority spotted a 2022 Ford F-150 XLT with the dark accents on an Agate Black exterior for a slick black-on-black look.
As a reminder, the 2022 F-150 XLT Black Appearance Package is optional on XLT Mid (301 A equipment group) and XLT High (302A equipment group). It bundles the following components:
- 20-inch Gloss Black painted aluminum wheels
- Black 6-inch Angular Step Bars
- Black bodyside decals (4×4 and FX4 Off-Road Package [55A] only)
- Black exterior badging
- Dark interior appliques
- Dual Exhaust with black tips Dual Exhaust with black tips (4×4 and Ford 3.5L V6 EcoBoost engine )
- Leather-Trimmed bucket Seats with Flow-through Console; Floor Shifter (302A only)
- Matte black Tailgate “F-150” decal
- Unique Hood and Grille w/ black accent
In order to outfit a particular 2022 Ford F-150 with the Black Accent Package, it is required to have a 145-inch wheelbase SuperCrew and XLT Sport Appearance Package. It’s not available for the F-150 with the 3.5L EcoBoost paired with the 4X2 drivetrain.
Black cosmetic items seem to be gaining traction among new vehicle buyers, particularly in the Ford pickup scene. In fact, Ford offers a black oval badge kit with cameras for the 2022 Ford F-150 for an additional fee. Beyond that, black ovals are available for the Ford Ranger, F-150, and Super Duty pickups for those who want their Blue Oval machines to have a fully blacked-out exterior.