2023 Ford Maverick Deliveries On Track For Late 2022

The 2023 Ford Maverick build and price configurator launched back in October, but production of the hot-selling compact pickup at the Hermosillo Assembly plant was delayed a bit before finally kicking off nearly two weeks ago. With some 2022 orders being pushed back to the 2023 model year and FoMoCo taking 86,000 new orders for the model in just a few days, it’s safe to say that quite a few folks are wondering when 2023 Ford Maverick deliveries will begin. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that those deliveries are expected to begin very soon.

The very first units of the 2023 Ford Maverick have been built and are on track to tentatively reach dealers by late December, and this initial shipment includes the first examples of the Maverick Tremor, too. As is always the case, however, these dates are subject to change, particularly given the ongoing logistical challenges that are impacting the trucking industry at the moment.

Regardless, the 2023 Ford Maverick presents a handful of changes for the new model year, aside from the introduction of the new, aforementioned Tremor Off-Road Package and Tremor Off-Road Appearance Package. For starters, the 2023 Maverick is getting a noticeable price hike across the board, ranging from $1,095 for the XLT and Lariat up to $1,200 for the base XL trim. However, The Blue Oval did make the turbocharged Ford 2.0L I-4 EcoBoost I-4 a no-cost option on all trims, while Lariat EcoBoost models now come standard with all-wheel drive.

2023 Ford Maverick shoppers will also be able to spec their trucks with the new Black Appearance Package, while XL-trimmed pickups have also gained standard cruise control for 2023, the XLT Luxury Package has dropped several features that were formerly available, and the Maverick is gaining a depopulated key, as Ford Authority previously reported. Finally, a new color – Atlas Blue Metallic – has been added to the Maverick lineup, too.

We’ll have more on the 2023 Ford Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Maverick news and continuous Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. Pikey87

Thousands of rolled 22s aren’t even scheduled for production yet.

1. Jeff

right? I’m since November ’21 and crickets

2. Mike

Hopefully they will stay on schedule for December production! One error in this report: PRICING INCREASE. My Lariat Hybrid, ordered 11/10/21 is scheduled (after 3 date postponements) to be built week of December 19. When my dealer rolled my order into the 23 model, price went up more than $2500!!! He says there should be a rebate from Ford, but there is NOTHING in writing…

1. Mike Cunningham

I ordered a first edition lariat hybrid. June 9 2021, it was but on 11-18-22. I was told it should be at the dealer jan 2 2023.

2. Mark

My lariat hybrid (ordered 10/29/21) is also scheduled to be built the week of Dec 19th too. I was never told that this was a 2023 model though….My VIN code indicates it will be a 2022 model, so how are they building both 2022s and 23s at the same time….

1. Jim

You only had to the end of November to reorder your Mavirick 2023 if Ford canceled your 2022 order. No notification to customers from Ford. Your dealer was supposed to contact you. Mine had no idea until I told them to check.

3. Cindy Dutden

When can we order a new markric?

1. Mike

From what I’ve heard 23 is done. They will probably open new 24 model sales in spring?

1. Tim

It will likely be the same as the 23 which they opened in September for orders. Sold out in 4 days.

4. Jon L

I ordered a 22 maverick XLT Hybrid Nov 1st, 2021 and am still waiting for it. I got a scheduled for production for the week of Nov 7th, 2022, then Nov 14th, then Dec 19th and then a E-mail that it was punted to Jan 9th as a 23. Anyway, I’m still waiting for my Maverick!

5. Mike Jones

I’ve followed the Maverick saga for a while, even have a ’23 on order (that I will never see)…I fell for the hype. This is the biggest bait and switch. Ford never thought this truck would be this popular. Now that it is, they are doing as little as possible to produce this truck. I wouldn’t be surprised that making the truck at this price point is actually a money loser for Ford. Dealers hope you give up so they can get the truck and mark it up. Everyone that already has taken delivery, consider yourself lucky. The rest of us, maybe 2-3 year wait. By then I hope another manufacturer comes out with a small truck, hybrid power train, and it looks like a truck. For me, these are the only reasons to buy this truck.

1. RWFA

Instead of complaining just cancel your order. It seems you will be much happier in doing so.

6. Richard Ferris

Will we ever get ours ? We ordered a Lariat AWD last Jan . Got our VIN # and production date of Dec 5th 2022… Anticipation is the word for the day …Can’t wait for the first road trip . IM 69 years old and hope too get it soon . Marry Christ Mass too all ..

7. Mr. Cecil Freeman

I understand Ford is struggling with production due to constraint items. I purposely ordered in October of 2021 and XLT hybrid with no constraint items hoping to get my truck earlier. Now the hitch has become a constraint item and it seems as though the available hitches are going to those who ordered truck with all the constraint items included. Even new 23 orders are being scheduled that have packages that include the constraint items. I have pre-purchased about 2k and accessories that will be useless to me if my truck is not delivered:-(

8. john strable

how do you look up scheduled production date on order of Maverick

1. Mike

Ford Motor Company will send you an email. If you don’t hear from them, contact your dealer (best to go in person).

1. Dexture

Doesn’t work going in person. Parks of Gainesville got my 2000$ deposit and has no information and no way of getting it.

1. RWFA

Your dealer should have provided Ford with your email address.

Maybe double check that.

2. Gary

Doesn’t work….they don’t know!!!!!! Waiting since September of 2021 can any one beat that?

9. Tim

Ordered my 2022 Maverick on 10/11/ 21 Never got past receiving the vin. Reordered 11 /21/22, I have my fingers crossed, but who knows? I ordered the Lariat hybrid with moon roof ,Lariat Luxury package, Ford copilot 360, Touchlink truck bed lighting. Hard to figure why Ford would offer if it can’t deliver.

1. RWFA

Sounds like a nice ride.

I think they offer it because they are doing their level best to deliver it. But they can’t control the future or external events.

10. Paul B Maverick

I originally ordered my XLT AWD Lux 360 Tow pack sunroof FS spare on 11/17/21. In Sept got to priority one before 9/15/22 order banks were opened for MY 23. Flipped my order on 11/15/22. 10/28/22 received email with VIN scheduled to build the week of 11/28/22. Yesterday got an email stated it’s been built. The ‘23 order is for a black AWD XLT Black appearance package, tow, sliding rear window, FS Spare, 360 pack, LUX pack, remote start, moon roof, Floor liners w/ carpeted mats, tri-fold tonneau cover. Email said to expect delivery 12/29 – 1/4. So looking forward to it. Replacing my 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin w/205K miles. (Still a good truck but the MPG isn’t great). Good luck to all those waiting. Patience is a virtue…

11. David Ray

What’s the solution for the buyer when the dealer attempts to add a $5000 premium to the my22 order that’s pushed vin the 23 bank?

1. RWFA

Call Ford directly to complain. Let the dealer you are going to do so. Dealer is either playing you for a fool who will ante up or cancel. Also name and shame dealer (but make sure you have written proof of their Jack up attempt.)

12. Paul B Maverick

Error…flipped my order on 9/15/22. Looks like my ‘23 is one of the first out of the box. My make a YT video to give a close look at the black appearance package.

1. Joebiz

It would be nice if you could post pictures or You tube video. I ordered my 23 lariat on Sept 16th with Black appearance package 360 pack and LUX pack. Some say the door handles will be black and some say they will be body color either way is fine with me…

2. RWFA

Also would like to see a vid of your ride!

1. Paul B Maverick

Will post a video on YT when it gets here. Stays shows built since 12/4. Waiting to ship. Hope to see it by New Year is here

13. Paul B Maverick

John Strable, if you have a VIN and your order number you can look up the status here: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

David Ray: I would call Ford. It’s my understanding that every dealer is selling all Mavericks ordered by legit customers at MSRP. If you don’t have an order or taking over a previously ordered Maverick that the dealer or a customer bailed on, then there really isn’t much you can do other than shop and hope to find a more reputable dealer.

14. Gmann

Ordered 2023 lariat hybrid loaded, but left out moon roof. Would like to add, but afraid it will screw up the order! Willing to wait….cool truck

15. Bob

The truck you can’t buy without a huge markup? You mean that truck?

1. RWFA

Where that’s the case, walk. That’s a lousy or struggling dealer.

16. Michelle

I ordered 12/06/21 & have been tracking @ FoMoCo & finally on my anniversary rec’d email that my Mav XLT Supercrew AWD w ALL pkgs has been SHIPPED! I looked at my window sticker & nothing in the pkgs’ were dropped.

17. Roger Gallo

I read on this site that ford added two colors for all Mavericks
    Atlas blue and Avalanche gray.I called my dealer to change my order and was told that those colors were not available. Does anyone have any suggestions
    Thanks

1. John

Atlas Blue should be available. Avalanche Gray is for the Tremor only.

18. Wmford

Got my XL Hybrid in May 2022 ordered 06/01/2021….no problems excellent mpg just no cruise control.

19. Smitty

I am a little frustrated by this ordering process. I waited 9 months for the order window to open for a Maverick, and got my order in for a 23 when the window opened back in September. The only thing a received from the dealer was a paper receipt listing what I ordered and my deposit. I have yet to receive anything from Ford. I would have thought that I would have received an order acknowledgement from Ford and been given a link to a portal that would allow me to track things. Am I missing something?

1. Alex

You should have received an email that gives you a status update on your order. Until you have a production date and VIN I assume there will be no way to track the order. They are supposed to send you regular updates but based on what I am reading here we will be waiting a very long time. I ordered on Sep 15 and received an order verification and i believe one update maybe 45 days later …but nothing firm. Is it possible the dealer didnt enter your info for online updates?

1. Smitty

thx. . . will check

20. Paul B Maverick

When looking for your email from Ford, look in your “junk” email folder. That’s where I found mine originally.

21. ANYONE RECEIVED A 2023 YET AND WHAT MODEL???

22. Steve

I had to convert my 2022 to a 2023 order. I got an email from ford with my new Vin and expected delivery date of March 5 2023. It included a private offer certificate number. To help price wise. However the private offer expires January 5 2023. 3 month before delivery date. (Note I ordered in Sept 2021 18 months before current delivery daye) so private offer is meaningless

1. Joe S.

This has become so confusing promise of one date then cancel and receive another date which becomes just another date delay. I’m wondering what the private offer certificate is all about. I ordered a 2022 Maverick xl Oct 10, 2021. Did receive an email stating Ford now will build my xl a 2023 model. Only have 3 options on it and still don’t know when it will be built in 2023. I would hope they do build mine before the new orders for 2023 opened. There’s no way of knowing what moves in production are made in view of when it was ordered first come first built should be the course. I’m a retired Ford Salary employee and will stick it out right now because I have a vehicle leased that will be replaced by the Maverick. Hope 2023 makes me a happy camper for waiting going on 2 years now.

23. AZSam

It’s so reassuring that Ford will continue to enhance the Mavericks for 2027 or so when Ford can’t even deliver 2022 and 2023 vehicles!

24. Gary

Maybe Ford could replace some executives with Cartel members. I’m sure they could get things done at the Hermosillo Assembly plant.

25. Steve G

It would be great to be able to receive updates on the progress of build and ship dates from someone in customer service.