Next-Generation Ford Maverick Arriving In 2027: Report

The Ford Maverick launched for the 2022 model year, and is just entering its second year of production as a relatively new vehicle. However, the lifecycle of automobiles never stops moving, and the compact pickup – which became a smash hit the moment it debuted – is reportedly set to undergo a redesign in 2027, according to AutoForecast Solutions and its latest product roadmap. Thus, it may only be a few years before the next-generation Ford Maverick arrives.

According to this report, the next-generation Ford Maverick will continue to ride on the Ford C2 platform that it shares with the Ford Escape and Ford Bronco Sport, though it’s worth noting that the forthcoming Escape EV will reportedly be underpinned by its own dedicated platform. Production of the current-gen pickup is slated to end at the Hermosillo Assembly plant in Mexico on March 31st, 2027, while the next-gen model will reportedly enter production shortly thereafter, on April 1st, 2027, and will continue to be built there until March 31st, 2033.

This means that the next-generation Ford Maverick could debut in 2027 for the 2028 model year, while a refresh is likely to precede it in 2024 for the 2025 model year – so long as The Blue Oval follows a six-year product cadence. In the meantime, the existing Maverick has enjoyed tremendous popularity, with sales continuing to prove strong even amid numerous production constraints and a backlog of unfilled orders. In terms of accolades, the Maverick remains a steady presence on Kelley Blue Book’s most considered electrified vehicles list, and it was recently added to Consumer Reportslist of recommended vehicles.

Regardless, many consumers are still awaiting the delivery of their shiny new Maverick, though production of the 2023 model began back on November 23rd, 2022. As Ford Authority reported earlier this month, 2023 Maverick deliveries are expected to begin any day now, too.

We’ll have more on the Maverick soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford Maverick news and comprehensive Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. Sean

Ford, recommend you get your act together on the current Maverick platform before thinking about a significant upgrade. You continue to be unable to make current customer demand for this vehicle. Disappointing.

1. Jerry

Agreed, they didn’t get their heads straight. Ugh.

2. HF Haymore, Jr.

I place an order for Marvick on Sept 15 2022. When should delivery?

1. Mick1

2027 if your lucky

2. Jon

I placed an order January of 22 and have not received it yet

3. Mike

I placed my order for the Maverick Lariat Hybrid November 10, 2021. Production date has been delayed FIVE TIMES. They now say week of 1/16. NOT holding my breath. Communication has been horrific.

4. Charles

I have confirmation of my order 1/15/22. update 3/18/22 & 10/3/22. Saying supply chain constraints.
      Still NO VIN or build date. Glad I still have my 2012 F150

5. Dan

Did you receive an acknowledgement from FORD about your order? I placed an order the end of June with a salesman but he wasn’t allowed (by FORD) to place any orders until August. He placed my order in August. I DID receive an acknowledgement from FORD of my placed order, and was advised it was expected to be delivered by about November. I’m still waiting. If you haven’t received an acknowledgement from FORD, you should check with your salesman to confirm when the order was placed. I did receive an email from FORD the first part of this month explaining about the supply line
      slowness. With info in this current email, I might get my truck in a couple weeks!

3. rick

would of got maverick cant get got 2023 santa cruz.

1. UncleAL

with such poor grammar, they should take your license away and deport you…

4. rick

Great to look forward, but I still have not received the Maverick XL that I ordered in November of 2021. So the “new and improved” model means nothing to those of us that are still standing in line awaiting our original 2022 build to arrive.
    And possible the biggest disappointment from Ford is it’s lack of communication. In this era of information; cellphones, emails, text alerts, there has almost been zero communication from Ford. I got an email saying congratulations your maverick is been given a build date of 10/12/2022 in September and then nothing. We had been given a phone number to call and told “call anytime we are glad to help”, but that means we have call Ford for updates. In December to find out that it was being reassigned to a 2023 and due to be built on the week 1/23/2023, then we call the next week its 1/30/2023 and now its 2/6/2023 and again we have had to make the call and find out what’s going on.

1. RWFA

What are you talking about? Give them your email and you get updates every 45 days if not sooner.

1. Mike

I get emails every 45 days that say-Sorry we still have production delays”. NO specific info relevant to my truck. HORRIBLE COMMUNICATIONS for the beginning!

2. Michael

What’s that phone number you called??

1. rick

this the number that we use, you need your order number. It where we got our vin number for the 22 and then the new vin number for the 23
        18003344375

3. Marty

Rick do you believe your dealership reordered for a 2023 or do you believe Ford did it automatically in house. I ordered mine January 2022 and my dealership never reordered for 2023 and said it was not necessary but when I called Ford they said I was balanced out which means canceled

5. Gary Kilduff

I ordered a loaded
    Laraet hybred Oct 2021.
    I read a person ordered the same one in Sept 2022 and recieved it already. Whats up ford?

6. Keith

NEWSFLASH!!! Why don’t you try and get this generation of the Maverick into production before you even think of future generations??? I worked for Ford for 36years and am ashamed of how they are treating the people that have had their orders in for up to 2years on this vehicle, including myself. WHAT A Joke this company has turned in to!!!

1. RWFA

36 years with Ford and you never learned about how there is a current product organization and a future product development organization?

Were you like sleepwalking the whole time?

7. Jon

Would someone send me the number to call to ck status

8. Herb Harburn

Rick, I would also appreciate that phone number to call. I was given a production date of Jan 30, 2023 but have heard nothing for 2 months. I was expecting it to arrive in Canada middle of March but now I am not so confident.

1. RWFA

Call your dealer and have them put your email in the database.

9. Tom

If my Maverick even gives me a hint that it will be a 2024 I will be returning to Jeep.
    Despite all the bad press that they get I have yet to have have the issues my Fords have had.
    The only good reason to buy a Maverick is the gas mileage.

1. RWFA

Almost sounds like an ad for a low mpg Jeep.

1. Ralph

Ford doesn’t need an ad. Word of mouth is spreading quickly. My dealer ship won’t even return my calls after 5 attempts to contact them. BTW, speaking of low mpg, what kind of mpg are people getting from undelivered Mavericks? Oh yeah, ZERO!

10. Thomas Sansoni

If Ford doesn’t even treat a former 36 yr employee right then apparently it’s not going to change how the communication level is for those still waiting.for their Mavericks.Sad testimony to present leadership, as Apparently Ford needs needs to relearn respect to existing & future customers.
    Ford has treated me great on my wait for parts & service on an out of warranty F150,. In that kudos.

1. RWFA

He didn’t claim to have an order in.

Also, even if he did, it would show ford isn’t playing favorites in a tough demand and delivery situation.

Ford’s customer communication seems to have been less than stellar but they seem to have worked on that, and customers get email updates if dealers bother to put their email addresses into the Ford system. Ford has also tried to do right for folks whose vehicles weren’t built in the MY they ordered bumping them to the next MY with no price increase.

No system is perfect or 100% satisfactory but Ford seem to be sincerely trying in a chaotic economic and supply environment.

11. Jon L

I ordered a 22 XLT Hybrid November 1, 2021 and received production date of November 7th, 2022. Then a week later a date of November 14th. Then a new date of December 19th, 2022. Then a week later I received an E-Mail that my 22 model was going to be punted to a 2023 model with a production date of January 9, 2023. Anyway I still waiting ???????????

12. Grandpa Bob

This is all very discouraging. I ordered a 2023 Lariat hybrid during the September 2022 window, got an email that confirmed the order, then nothing since! Even on this Ford Authority site it seems like all rumors and innuendo. Doesn’t sound good to get my truck in 2023 because they’re not building enough hybrids. What a mess! Only thing Ford has going for them with the Maverick is the engineering.

13. William

My wife and I ordered our 2022 Ford Maverick XLT on 13 November 2021 and are still waiting for a vin# to pop showing that it will finally go into production. In September of this year we were upgraded to the 2023 model for our wait. Nearly 100 phone calls to our dealer, and Ford Customer Service we still have no real timeline of delivery. Hopefully soon. We have been sharing a car for nearly a year now.

14. UncleAL

all these comments are only a recommendation to the competition (GM, Ram,etc.)……

15. Carl mcKain

Still waiting on our Maverick after 460 days and zero communication from Ford! Just hope I live long enough to see it.

16. Jerry

I ordered a maverick Lariat on nov. 4 2021 and just received a build date of Jan. 30 2023. I do have a vin number if that means anything. I have bought four ford products in the last 12 years and I am sure if I ever receive this Maverick it will be the last because of the actions Ford has taken .

17. l pepper

Thank you Ford for creating an in demand product that you can sell as many as you can produce and have customers in line waiting! Guess many haven’t a clue that is exactly how a business owned by stockholders should operate. Funny how some act like this quasi-shortage of product is likened to an inability to get insulin. This isn’t a necessity item and selling all you can produce with no left over inventory is a desirable business model. Like your rabid complaining you couldn’t get tickets to a sold out Taylor Swift concert venue effects the enjoyment of those who were lucky enough to get theirs? Same complaints heard from lottery losers? Not enough winning tickets? Big difference is you spent nothing if you lost out on getting a Maverick! Try to buy a Ford GT!

18. Bill Byrne

Oh GOODIE !! they cant even build the one we ordered OVER A YEAR AGO !! its now reordered as a 2023 after buying Fords over 40 years Im about done with them

19. Coachman

Ordered my Mav XLT on July 22nd 2021 and took delivery of it Dec. 16th 2021, almost 5 months of waiting. However, it was worth the wait, since I really like the truck and the way it drives. I feel bad for the people who have been waiting so long for their orders. It’s just not right, besides being bad business. I almost gave up with a 5 month wait. Glad I didn’t! 😊

20. Harleyboy

I am in Canada. I ordered a Lariat from local dealer. I have ordered a new vehicle from same dealer every 2 years and have never received an email acknowledging receipt of my order from Ford. Is it normally common to receive an email?