2023 Ford Super Duty Has Racked Up Over 200K Orders To Date

Following the reveal of the all-new 2023 Ford Super Duty back in September, consumer interest in the redesigned pickup exploded as the automaker secured a whopping 52,000 orders for that model in the first five days order banks were open. The tremendous demand for the new Super Duty continued through October, as that number grew to around 150k units by the end of that month, and it hasn’t slowed down much. In fact, The Blue Oval revealed in its most recent sales report that it had secured over 200,000 orders for the 2023 Ford Super Duty as of the end of December.

2023 Ford Super Duty

The final tally for 2023 Ford Super Duty orders taken in the 2022 calendar year came in at 245,000 units – a strong number by any measure, and a clear indication that more than a few people are clamoring for the brand new pickup, which features revised exterior and interior styling coupled with a host of new tech features and other updates for the new model year.

Ford has also revised the engine lineup for the 2023 Super Duty, dropping the old base Ford 6.2L Boss V8 in favor of a brand new 6.8L V8 that enters production this month at the Windsor Engine plant in Canada. Additionally, buyers can choose between regular and high-output variants of the Ford 6.7L V8 Power Stroke Scorpion engine, too.

In terms of availability, initial Job 1 2023 Ford Super Duty production will begin in early 2023 for XL, XLT, and Lariat trims in all cab configurations, engines, and series, from the F-250 up to the F-600. Meanwhile, Job 2 2023 Super Duty production for King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims will follow in the spring of 2023, though many features and options are currently listed as late availability.

We’ll have more on the 2023 Super Duty soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford F-Series newsFord Super Duty news, and comprehensive Ford news coverage.

Comments

1. mfornetti

It would be nice if you could get, from Ford, the Torque curve for the 7.3 as it is advertised to have 10 more Ft# but it would be interesting to know what the curve looks like as compared to previous years.

2. Johnny

It would be interesting get there @sses to work and start building some trucks before the interest rate gets so high you can’t afford one

3. Larry

I’m in the same boat – likely won’t be able to take the Super Duty I’ve ordered due to the HUGE Price Increase of 2023 – and the MUCH HIGHER interest rates – just the way it is – neither one of the issues had to go up so significantly!!!

4. Lance

Does it really matter how many pre orders there are when there’s still people who haven’t gotten their 2022’s?

5. Robert P

In October 2021, I ordered a 2022 F250 Limited. I never knew when it was going to arrive. In November 2022, it arrived when I was out of the country. The dealer told me that if I didn’t complete the purchase in three days that they would sell my truck and they did! It turned out that they sold it for $22,000 over MSRP of $104,000. It’s crazy to think that someone paid $125,000 for my truck or that I got shafted by the dealer. Nobody gave a crap about me. Not even Ford motor company when I tried to get help. I can’t get a 2023 because the orders are on hold indefinitely. After only purchasing forwards for the last 30 years, I would like to burn one of their cars in the Nevada desert and shove it up there a$$.

6. jeffery a moe

2023 mid january order on 350 super duty xlt feb 13 build date no complaint from me !

7. Shannon A

I ordered my 2023 F250 in mid Nov 2022 but never received an e-mail from Ford that my order was received, although I received e-mail from the sales guy saying that my order was accepted Did everyone that placed an order receive an e-mail from Ford?. I just don’t want to wait months to find out my truck isn’t on order and all of the 2022 are gone.

1. Don

I’m the same. Dealer says it’s ordered but I never got anything from Ford. Actually didn’t even know that anyone did. I called the dealer beginning of February but they said that they don’t have a production or delivery date yet

8. Jim G.

My F350 Lariat was ordered on March 1st and all I have is the email from Ford confirming that they received my order. As far as I can tell not a sings customer has taken delivery of their 2023 yet. There aren’t even first drive or test drive videos for these trucks anywhere other than the promo stuff. Local dealers show XL’s are inbound but none on the lot as of yet. It’s frustrating not knowing when the truck will be built and shipped.

1. Heather Henken

any updates at this point?

9. Frank

Just picked up my 2023 F350 Lariat I ordered 1st day back in October. 1st one dealer delivered.

10. Dan

Ordered my F350 diesel Platinum March 28, 2022. I have been getting emails every 45 days since last August. It’s the same email everytime, supply chain challenges. Still no production date.

11. Izzy

Placed my order for 2023 XLT TREMOR HO 6.7 in October 2022, picked it up on April, 26th 2023 at Corwin Ford, Pasco. Paid MSRP as promised, looking for great price and get what is promised see Corwin Ford, Pasco and ask for Emma Harvey.