mobile-menu-icon
Ford Authority

Ford Transit Connect Sales Beat ProMaster City In Q2 2023

Ford Transit Connect sales decreased in the United States during Q2 2023.

Ford Transit Connect Sales - Q2 2023 - United States

In the United States, Ford Transit Connect deliveries totaled 4,924 units in Q2 2023, a decrease of about 27 percent compared to 6,750 units sold in Q2 2022.

In the first six months of the year, Transit Connect sales decreased about 38 percent to 8,747 units.
MODEL Q2 2023 / Q2 2022 Q2 2023 Q2 2022YTD 2023 / YTD 2022 YTD 2023 YTD 2022
TRANSIT CONNECT -27.05% 4,924 6,750 -38.00% 8,747 14,107

Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)

Ford Transit Connect sales slid 27 percent during Q2 2023, selling 4,924 units. However, despite the slide, the Transit Connect led its competitive segment, outperforming its singular rival in the space.

Sales Numbers - Compact Vans - Q2 2023 - USA

MODEL Q2 23 / Q2 22 Q2 23 Q2 22 Q2 23 SHARE Q2 22 SHARE YTD 23 / YTD 22 YTD 23 YTD 22
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT -27.05% 4,924 6,750 54% 63% -38.00% 8,747 14,107
RAM PROMASTER CITY +1.73% 4,114 4,044 46% 37% +70.21% 9,792 5,753
TOTAL -16.27% 9,038 10,794 -6.65% 18,539 19,860

Comparatively, the Ram ProMaster City saw its sales increase two percent, moving 4,114 units last quarter, tailing the Transit Connect.

Note that the Nissan NV200, which as been discontinued, is no longer a competitor in the segment. Additionally, the Ram ProMaster City has also been cancelled, but stock is still available for buyers at the moment.

From a segment share standpoint, Ford Transit Connect sales accounted for 54 percent share, down by nine percentage points year-over-year. The ProMaster City gathered the remaining 46 percent share, up nine percentage points.

Overall, the compact van segment contracted 16 percent to 9,038 units, meaning Transit Connect sales underperformed the segment average.

 

The Ford Authority Take

The Blue Oval has confirmed that the Ford Transit Connect is on the chopping block, and it will be fully discontinued after the 2023 model year. As such, its sales will decline until stock of the compact van is depleted, alongside its sole competitor, the ProMaster City, which has also been discontinued.

It’s worth noting that the current Ford Transit Connect does not introduce any major changes to the compact van line. The current-gen model has been in production and largely unchanged since the 2013 model year, though it did undergo a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year. However, the 2023 Transit Connect ditched its optional 2.5L I4 engine and is now only available with the the 2.0L I4 engine.

Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

Subscribe to Ford Authority

For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates. It's totally free.

No Comments yet

Leave a comment

Cancel