Ford van sales, which are comprised of the Ford Transit and Ford Transit Connect, increased 18 percent during Q2 2023, selling 36,955 units.
Individually, Transit sales were in the green, while Transit Connect sales decreased.
Sales Numbers - Ford Vans - Q2 2023 - USA
|MODEL||Q2 23 / Q2 22||Q2 23||Q2 22||Q2 23 SHARE||Q2 22 SHARE||YTD 23 / YTD 22||YTD 23||YTD 22|
|FORD TRANSIT CONNECT||-27.05%||4,924||6,750||14%||23%||-38.00%||8,747||14,107|
More specifically, Ford Transit sales increased 30 percent, selling 32,031 units last quarter and snapping up 87 percent segment share. It vastly outperformed its smaller counterpart, the Ford Transit Connect, which only sold 4,924 units, down 27 percent year-over-year, securing the remaining 13 percent segment share.
The Ford Authority Take
The increase in Ford van sales during Q2 2023 is entirely to the credit of the full-size Transit van. It once again dominated its competitive segment, vastly outselling its rivals like the Ram ProMaster, Chevy Express and GMC Savana. The Blue Oval has bolstered its operations at the Kansas City Assembly plant by adding a third shift to keep the Transit rolling off the assembly line at an ample pace to keep up with demand. Additionally, the the Transit Trail variant was added to the the lineup for the 2023 model year, and will likely continue to drive demand for the van.
Meanwhile, it’s not a surprise to see such a decline in sales of the smaller Transit Connect, as the model will be fully discontinued after the 2023 model year. Its sales reflect depleting inventory, although it’s not the only compact van to find itself in such a situation, as the Nissan NV200 has completely bowed out already, while the Ram ProMaster City is also on its way out. Soon, there will be no competitors left in the compact van segment.
In turn, that means that the full-size Transit will be the last Blue Oval van standing in the near future, and will be solely responsible for Ford van sales numbers once supply of the Transit Connect runs out.
- All percent change figures compared to Ford van sales for Q2 2022, unless otherwise noted
- In the United States, there were 77 selling days in Q2 2023 and 77 selling days in Q2 2022
- Ford Motor Company Q2 2023 sales reports:
- Ford Motor Company sales Q2 2023 U.S.A
- Ford China sales Q2 2023
- Ford Motor Company Canada sales Q2 2023
- Ford Canada sales Q2 2023
- Lincoln Canada sales Q2 2023
- Ford Motor Company Argentina sales Q2 2023
- Ford Motor Company Colombia sales Q2 2023
- Ford Colombia sales April 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Colombia sales May 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Colombia sales June 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Motor Company Brazil sales Q2 2023
- Ford Motor Company Mexico sales Q2 2023