Ford Authority

Ford Transit Connect Sales Dominate Segment Again In Q3 2023

Ford Transit Connect sales decreased in the United States during Q3 2023.

Ford Transit Connect Sales - Q3 2023 - United States

In the United States, Ford Transit Connect deliveries totaled 5,377 units in Q3 2023, a decrease of about 12 percent compared to 6,076 units sold in Q3 2022.

In the first nine months of the year, Transit Connect sales decreased about 30 percent to 14,124 units.
MODEL Q3 2023 / Q3 2022 Q3 2023 Q3 2022YTD 2023 / YTD 2022 YTD 2023 YTD 2022
TRANSIT CONNECT -11.50% 5,377 6,076 -30.02% 14,124 20,183

Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)

Ford Transit Connect sales slipped 12 percent during Q3 2023, selling 5,377 units. However, despite the sharp decline, the Transit Connect led its competitive segment, outperforming its singular rival in the space.

Sales Numbers - Compact Vans - Q3 2023 - USA

MODEL Q3 23 / Q3 22 Q3 23 Q3 22 Q3 23 SHARE Q3 22 SHARE YTD 23 / YTD 22 YTD 23 YTD 22
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT -11.50% 5,377 6,076 68% 58% -30.02% 14,124 20,183
RAM PROMASTER CITY -42.87% 2,541 4,448 32% 42% +20.90% 12,333 10,201
TOTAL -24.76% 7,918 10,524 -12.92% 26,457 30,384

Comparatively, the Ram ProMaster City saw its sales decrease by 43 percent, moving 2,541 units last quarter, tailing the Transit Connect.

Note that the Nissan NV200,  has been discontinued, and is no longer a competitor in the segment as its stock has been depleted. Additionally, the Ram ProMaster City has also been axed as well, but stock is still available for buyers at the moment.

From a segment share standpoint, Ford Transit Connect sales accounted for 58 percent share, down by nine percentage points year-over-year. The ProMaster City gathered the remaining 42 percent share, up nine percentage points.

Overall, the compact van segment contracted 25 percent to 7,918 units, meaning Transit Connect sales outperformed the segment average.

The Ford Authority Take

The Transit Connect is on its way out, as The Blue Oval confirmed that the compact van will be fully discontinued after the 2023 model year. As such, its sales will continue to decline until stock of the compact van is depleted, alongside its sole competitor, the ProMaster City, which has also been discontinued. As such, the compact van segment will soon be nonexistent.

It’s worth noting that the current Ford Transit Connect does not introduce any major changes to the compact van line. The current-gen model has been in production and largely unchanged since the 2013 model year, though it did undergo a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year. However, the 2023 Transit Connect ditched its optional 2.5L I4 engine and is now only available with the the 2.0L I4 engine.

Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

Subscribe to Ford Authority

For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates. It's totally free.


  1. Jay

    I have aa 2021 Transit Connect Titanium passenger van . It replaced a 2003 Grand Caravan. I like it a lot..the 2.0 engine has plenty of power, even when pulling a trailer. I average 27mpg around town which is fine with me. Very comfortable and so far, after 29,000 miles, no squeaks, rattles or vibrations.

  2. Janet Franklyn

    Have a 2020 Transit Connect. Having problems with the dealer thinks the on board computer. Feel should not be happening. I’m afraid to drive it very far. Is anyone else having this issue?


Leave a comment