Ford Transit Connect sales decreased in the United States during Q3 2023.
Ford Transit Connect Sales - Q3 2023 - United StatesIn the United States, Ford Transit Connect deliveries totaled 5,377 units in Q3 2023, a decrease of about 12 percent compared to 6,076 units sold in Q3 2022.
In the first nine months of the year, Transit Connect sales decreased about 30 percent to 14,124 units.
|MODEL||Q3 2023 / Q3 2022||Q3 2023||Q3 2022||YTD 2023 / YTD 2022||YTD 2023||YTD 2022|
Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)
Ford Transit Connect sales slipped 12 percent during Q3 2023, selling 5,377 units. However, despite the sharp decline, the Transit Connect led its competitive segment, outperforming its singular rival in the space.
Sales Numbers - Compact Vans - Q3 2023 - USA
|MODEL||Q3 23 / Q3 22||Q3 23||Q3 22||Q3 23 SHARE||Q3 22 SHARE||YTD 23 / YTD 22||YTD 23||YTD 22|
|FORD TRANSIT CONNECT||-11.50%||5,377||6,076||68%||58%||-30.02%||14,124||20,183|
|RAM PROMASTER CITY||-42.87%||2,541||4,448||32%||42%||+20.90%||12,333||10,201|
Comparatively, the Ram ProMaster City saw its sales decrease by 43 percent, moving 2,541 units last quarter, tailing the Transit Connect.
Note that the Nissan NV200, has been discontinued, and is no longer a competitor in the segment as its stock has been depleted. Additionally, the Ram ProMaster City has also been axed as well, but stock is still available for buyers at the moment.
From a segment share standpoint, Ford Transit Connect sales accounted for 58 percent share, down by nine percentage points year-over-year. The ProMaster City gathered the remaining 42 percent share, up nine percentage points.
Overall, the compact van segment contracted 25 percent to 7,918 units, meaning Transit Connect sales outperformed the segment average.
The Ford Authority Take
The Transit Connect is on its way out, as The Blue Oval confirmed that the compact van will be fully discontinued after the 2023 model year. As such, its sales will continue to decline until stock of the compact van is depleted, alongside its sole competitor, the ProMaster City, which has also been discontinued. As such, the compact van segment will soon be nonexistent.
It’s worth noting that the current Ford Transit Connect does not introduce any major changes to the compact van line. The current-gen model has been in production and largely unchanged since the 2013 model year, though it did undergo a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year. However, the 2023 Transit Connect ditched its optional 2.5L I4 engine and is now only available with the the 2.0L I4 engine.
- All percent change figures compared to Ford Transit Connect sales for Q3 2022, unless noted otherwise
- In the United States, there were 77 selling days in Q3 2023 and 78 selling days in Q3 2022
- See running Ford Transit Connect sales numbers
- Ford Motor Company Q3 2023 sales reports:
- Ford Motor Company sales Q3 2023 U.S.A
- Ford China sales Q3 2023
- Ford Motor Company Canada sales Q3 2023
- Ford Canada sales Q3 2023
- Lincoln Canada sales Q3 2023
- Ford Motor Company Argentina sales Q3 2023
- Ford Motor Company Colombia sales Q3 2023
- Ford Colombia sales July 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Colombia sales August 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Colombia sales September 2023 (Ford brand)
- Ford Motor Company Brazil sales Q3 2023
- Ford Motor Company Mexico sales Q3 2023
- Ford Motor Company Mexico sales July 2023
- Ford Motor Company Mexico sales August 2023
- Ford Motor Company Mexico sales September 2023