Ford Authority

Ford Transit Connect Sales Down 21 Percent In Q4 2023

Ford Transit Connect sales decreased in the United States during Q4 2023.

Ford Transit Connect Sales - Q4 2023 - United States

In the United States, Ford Transit Connect deliveries totaled 3,926 units in Q4 2023, a decrease of about 21 percent compared to 4,957 units sold in Q4 2022.

During the complete 2023 calendar year, Transit Connect sales decreased about 28 percent to 18,050 units.
MODEL Q4 2023 / Q4 2022 Q4 2023 Q4 2022YTD 2023 / YTD 2022 YTD 2023 YTD 2022
TRANSIT CONNECT -20.80% 3,926 4,957 -28.20% 18,050 25,140

Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)

Ford Transit Connect sales took a 21 percent dive during Q4 2023, selling 3,926 units. However, despite the marked decline, the Transit Connect continued to lead its competitive segment, outperforming its single remaining rival in the space.

Sales Numbers - Compact Vans - Q4 2023 - USA

MODEL Q4 23 / Q4 22 Q4 23 Q4 22 Q4 23 SHARE Q4 22 SHARE YTD 23 / YTD 22 YTD 23 YTD 22
FORD TRANSIT CONNECT -20.80% 3,926 4,957 88% 46% -28.20% 18,050 25,140
RAM PROMASTER CITY -90.30% 554 5,713 12% 54% -19.02% 12,887 15,914
TOTAL -58.01% 4,480 10,670 -24.64% 30,937 41,054

Comparatively, the Ram ProMaster City saw its sales drop 90 percent, moving just 554 units last quarter, distantly tailing the Transit Connect.

Note that the Nissan NV200 has been discontinued and is no longer a competitor in the segment as its stock has been depleted. Additionally, the Ram ProMaster City has also been axed as well, but stock is still available for buyers at the moment.

From a segment share standpoint, Ford Transit Connect sales accounted for 88 percent share, up 42 percentage points year-over-year. The ProMaster City accounted for the remaining 12 percent share, down 42 percentage points.

Overall, the compact van segment contracted 58 percent to 4,480 units, meaning Transit Connect sales outperformed the segment average.

The Ford Authority Take

The downturn in Transit Connect sales during Q4 2023 reflect rapidly diminishing supply of the compact van at the dealer level. As a reminder, Transit Connect has been axed alongside its two competitors, as The Blue Oval confirmed that the compact van will be fully discontinued after the 2023 model year. As such, its sales will only continue to slide as existing stock is depleted, as the van is no longer in production. Soon, the compact van segment will be completely extinct as the same fate finally eliminates the ProMaster City as well.

It’s worth noting that the 2023 Ford Transit Connect did not introduce any major changes to the compact van line. The current-gen model has been in production and largely unchanged since the 2013 model year, though it did undergo a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year. However, the 2023 Transit Connect ditched its optional 2.5L I4 engine and is now only available with the the 2.0L I4 engine.

Alexandra is a Colorado-based journalist with a passion for all things involving horsepower, be it automotive or equestrian.

Subscribe to Ford Authority

For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates. It's totally free.

No Comments yet

Leave a comment