- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
Ford Motor Company is recalling certain model year 2001 through 2004 Escape vehicles equipped with 3.0L V6 engines and speed control manufactured from October 22, 1999, through January 23, 2004. Inadequate clearance between the engine cover and the speed control cable connector could result in a stuck throttle when the accelerator pedal is fully or almost-fully depressed. This risk exists regardless of whether or not speed control (cruise control) is used.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles by increasing the engine cover clearance, free of charge. The safety recall began August 3, 2012. Remedy parts are expected to be available in mid-August 2012. Until then dealers will disconnect the speed control cable as an interim remedy, if parts are not available at the time of an owner's service appointment. Owners may contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
Ford's recall campaign number is 12S37. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2002 Ford Escape
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V165000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V574000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V602000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 07E023000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 07V156000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 12V005000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 14V165000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 15E045000
- 2002 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 15V606000