- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
- FRAME AND MEMBERS
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2001-2004 Escape vehicles manufactured October 22, 1999, through January 23, 2004, originally sold, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. These vehicles may experience excessive corrosion at the forward attachment of the lower control arm.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install a newly designed reinforcement cross-brace, free of charge. The recall began on May 30, 2014. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S02.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2003 Ford Escape
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V165000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V574000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 04V602000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 07E023000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 07V156000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 12V353000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 15E045000
- 2003 Ford Escape Recall NHTSA 15V606000