- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2017 Ford Focus hatchback vehicles manufactured February 14, 2012, to August 26, 2016 and equipped with a manual transmission. The hatchback of the affected vehicles may be unlatched with a single press of the interior latch release button. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components."
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the Body Control Module with updated software, free of charge. The recall began February 10, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C13.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2013 Ford Focus
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 12E035000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 13V085000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 13V335000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V495000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V813000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V643000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 18V735000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 19V515000
- 2013 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 20V331000