- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
- FUEL PUMP
- FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Ford Motor Company (Ford) notified the agency on January 8, 2015, that they are recalling certain model year 2014 Ford Escape vehicles manufactured April 15, 2014, to May 8, 2014, and 2015 Lincoln MKC vehicles manufactured April 21, 2014, to May 15, 2014. On April 30, 2015, Ford expanded the recall to cover an additional 45,505 vehicles, including certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Transit Connect vehicles manufactured November 11, 2013, to August 29, 2014, 2014-2015 Ford Fiesta vehicles manufactured April 10, 2014, to June 17, 2014 and 2014 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured April 30, 2014, to May 21, 2014. Improper nickel plating of components within the fuel pump may result in the fuel pump failing.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump, free of charge. The recall began on February 27, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S30.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2014 Ford Focus
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V495000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V514000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V525000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V813000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V643000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V698000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 18V735000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 19V515000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 20V331000