- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Escape vehicles manufactured January 11, 2012, to April 1, 2013, and 2013-2014 Focus ST vehicles manufactured May 03, 2012, to October 14, 2013. Insufficient compression in the engine wiring harness splices to the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor may provide incorrect signals to the powertrain control module (PCM).
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the current crimped splices with new splices, free of charge. The recall began on January 7, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S17-S1.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2014 Ford Focus
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V495000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V514000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V525000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V005000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V643000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V698000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 18V735000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 19V515000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 20V331000