- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
- FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2012-2018 Ford Focus vehicles with a 2.0L GDI or 2.0L GTDI engine. The Canister Purge Valve (CPV) may malfunction, possibly causing excessive vacuum in fuel vapor management system.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. Dealers will also check for fault codes and replace the CPV as needed. If the CPV is replaced, dealers will inspect and replace the carbon canister, fuel tank and fuel delivery module as necessary. The recall began August 19, 2019. Owners may contact Ford Customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S32. Note: Until the vehicle is serviced for this concern, owners are advised to keep the fuel tank at least halfway full.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2014 Ford Focus
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V495000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V514000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V525000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V005000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V813000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V643000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V698000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 19V515000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 20V331000