- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
- FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2012 and 2017 Focus vehicles equipped with 2.0L GDI gasoline engines and 2013-2014 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L GTDI engines, previously recalled under 18V-735. The affected vehicles did not have the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) updated as intended. Therefore, the Canister Purge Valve (CPV) may malfunction, possibly causing excessive vacuum in the fuel vapor management system.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. Dealers will also check for fault codes and replace the CPV as needed. If the CPV is replaced, dealers will inspect and replace the carbon canister, fuel tank and fuel delivery module as necessary. The recall began July 29, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S22.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2014 Ford Focus
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V495000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V514000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 14V525000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V005000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 15V813000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V643000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 16V698000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 18V735000
- 2014 Ford Focus Recall NHTSA 20V331000