- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
- AUXILLARY TANK
- FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured July 21, 2008, to March 4, 2011, and 2010-2011 Mercury Milan vehicles manufactured July 23, 2008, to December 10, 2010. The affected vehicles have fuel vapor canisters whose purge valves may not operate properly resulting in abnormal pressure changes in the fuel tank.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will update the vehicle powertrain control modules and inspect the vehicle for any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) for this issue and perform a leak test on the Canister Purge Valve (CPV). The fuel tank will be inspected for cracks. The CPV and fuel tank will be replaced as necessary. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on January 15, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S34.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2010 Ford Fusion
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 10V161000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 10V222000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 11V574000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 14E028000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 16V384000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V046000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V775000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V001000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V904000