- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
ANTILOCK/TRACTION CONTROL/ELECTRONIC LIMITED SLIP
- CONTROL UNIT/MODULE
- ANTILOCK/TRACTION CONTROL/ELECTRONIC LIMITED SLIP
- SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2006-2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln Zephyr and MKZ vehicles. The valves within the ABS Hydraulic Control Units (HCU) may react with brake fluids containing specific corrosion preventative additives. This reaction may cause the valves to not close properly.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will flush the brake system with DOT 4 fluid and install a new brake fluid reservoir cap. In addition, the HCU will be tested to detect a possible stuck valve condition, replacing the HCU as necessary. All services will be performed free of charge. Owners were notified of the safety risk with an interim letter on January 22, 2020. A second notice will be sent once parts are available, expected to be in the first quarter of 2021. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S54.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2010 Ford Fusion
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 10V161000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 10V222000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 11V574000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 14E028000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 15V793000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 16V384000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V046000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V775000
- 2010 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V001000