- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
- CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
- POWER TRAIN
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured July 27, 2013, to October 31, 2014, 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles manufactured February 24, 2014, to October 31, 2014, and 2015 Ford Fusion Energi vehicles manufactured July 14, 2014, to October 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the key may be able to be removed even while the transmission is not in Park. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles, free of charge. The recall began on December 15, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14C11.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2015 Ford Fusion
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 15V250000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 16V875000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V167000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V471000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V362000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V590000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V632000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 20V177000