- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
LEVER AND LINKAGE
- FLOOR SHIFT
- LEVER AND LINKAGE
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
- POWER TRAIN
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Fusion vehicles equipped with 2.5 liter engines. The bushing that attaches the transmission shifter cable to the transmission may degrade over time and cause the bushing to detach from the transmission. The condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter cable bushing, free of charge. The recall began September 10, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S16. Note: Owners are directed to use the parking brake until the recall remedy repairs can be made. This recall is an expansion of 18V471.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2015 Ford Fusion
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 14V736000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 15V250000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 16V875000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V167000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V471000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V590000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V632000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 20V177000