- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
- ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ, 2015-2016 Ford Edge, and 2016 Lincoln MKX vehicles originally sold, or currently registered in Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Road salt or other contaminants may corrode the electric power steering gear motor attachment bolts.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering gear motor bolts and apply a wax sealer. If any of the steering gear motor attachment bolts are broken or missing, a new steering gear will be installed in the vehicle. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S26.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2015 Ford Fusion
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 14V736000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 15V250000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 16V875000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V167000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 18V471000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V362000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 19V590000
- 2015 Ford Fusion Recall NHTSA 20V177000