- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Ford Explorer, Taurus, and Lincoln MKS vehicles manufactured November 29, 2012, through December 12, 2012. In the affected vehicles, with sufficient door openings and closings, the child safety locks may change from an activated position to a deactivated position without notice.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will test the safety locks. If necessary, the locks will be replaced free of charge. The recall began on August 2, 2013. Ford's recall number is 13S07. Owners may contact the Ford customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2013 Ford Taurus
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 13V227000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 14V285000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 14V393000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 15V040000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 15V340000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 15V812000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 16V621000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 20V072000