- Release Date:
- Applicable Country:
- NHTSA Campaign Number:
- Ford Motor Company
- ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford Fusion vehicles without a 3.5L engine and Lincoln MKZ hybrid electric vehicles, 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles, 2011-2012 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with a 3.5L GTDI engine and 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with any available engine. The affected vehicles have electric power steering assist systems that may shut down as a result of a steering motor sensor fault.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will check the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). If dealers find any loss of steering assist DTCs, the steering gear will be replaced, free of charge. If, no codes are found during the PSCM inspection, the PSCM software will be updated, free of charge. The recall began on July 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S18.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Other Vehicles Affected By This Recall
Other Recalls For The 2013 Ford Taurus
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 13V227000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 13V270000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 14V285000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 14V393000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 15V040000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 15V812000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 16V621000
- 2013 Ford Taurus Recall NHTSA 20V072000