Ford Authority

Ford Motor Company Hai Duong Assembly Factory – Hai Duong, Vietnam

The Ford Motor Company Hai Duong assembly factory is located in the city of Hai Duong, 55 km east of Hanoi in northern Vietnam. It currently overseas the production of vehicles like the Ford EcoSport, Ford Fiesta, Ford Transit, Ford Ranger, Ford Focus and Ford Everest destined for global markets.

The plant opened in 1995 following a joint venture between Ford Motor and the Song Cong Diesel Company (SCDC), creating Ford Vietnam, whose headquarters are in Hanoi. Ford however owns 75% of this partnership, with SCDC owning the other 25%.The Hai Duong assembly plant has a production capacity of 14,000 vehicles per year.

This page shows information about the Ford Motor Company Valencia assembly plant.

Quick Facts

Year opened1995
Facility size300,000 square feet (27,870 m2)
Land occupied74 acres
Location118 An Định, P. Bình Hàn, Thành phố Hải Dương, Hải Dương 170000, Vietnam
Hourly employeesTBA
Salaried employeesTBA
Total employees670


VehiclesProduction Years
Ford EcoSport2014-present
Ford Everest2013-present
Ford Fiesta2013-present
Ford Focus2012-present
Ford Ranger2012-present
Ford Transit2013-present

Historical Timeline

  • 1995: Ford Vietnam is established following a joint venture between Ford Motor Company (75%) and Song Cong Diesel Company (25%). Total investment is US$120 million.
  • 2002: Ford Vietnam is the first automotive manufacturer in Vietnam to receive ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and QS9000 accreditation.
  • 2013: Ford records a 70% year-to-year growth rate.
  • 2014: Ford Vietnam has a network of 25 authorized dealers across cities and provinces in Vietnam.


Subscribe to Ford Authority for the latest Ford Vietnam news and ongoing Ford news coverage.


Subscribe to Ford Authority

For around-the-clock Ford news coverage

We'll send you one email per day with the latest Ford updates. It's totally free.