The 2021 Ford EcoSport gets a few minor changes, representing the tenth model year of the second-generation EcoSport.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Two deleted colors:
- Blue Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Canyon Ridge
- Two new colors (both with late availability):
- Luxe Yellow
- Deletion of 17-inch Painted Machined Aluminum Wheel, standard on 2020 EcoSport SES
- Addition of new 17-inch Black-painted Aluminum Wheel to replace the deleted wheel on SES
- 17-inch Shadow Silver Aluminum Wheel for use on new SE Appearance package
- Addition of Overlander Decal on the hood, side, and tailgate as an option on the SE and Titanium trims.
- Removal of acoustic element from the windshield
- EcoSport now features a windshield that’s only laminated, while prior models years featured a windshield that’s both acoustically and laminated
- Deletion of two interior features:
- Illuminated glove box
- Illuminated vanity mirrors for the driver and passenger
- Deletion of 6-way power driver’s seat from SE trim level
- Previously, the 6-way power driver’s seat was standard on SE, SES, and Titanium
- Now, only SES and Titanium models have the 6-way power driver’s seat; however, the new SE Appearance Package features the 6-way power driver’s seat
- Deletion of Cargo Cover & Package Tray from base S trim level
- The feature is now standard only on SE, SES and Titanium models
- On Titanium, Leather-Trimmed seating surfaces with perforations are replaced with ActiveX seating material with mini perforations
- The 2020 EcoSport featured Leather-Trimmed Seating Surfaces with perforations
- The 2021 EcoSport SES also features ActiveX seating material, but with perforations
- Six-month SiriusXM free trial replaced with three-month trial
- The change applies to all Ford-brand vehicles for the 2021 model year
- Addition of SE Appearance Package as optional on SE trim level. Features:
- 17-inch Shadow Silver Aluminum Wheel (see “Exterior” above)
- 6-way Power Driver’s Seat (Fore/Aft, Up/Down, Recline with Manual Lumbar)
- Orange Instrument Panel Appliqués
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Unique Cloth seating surfaces with Orange Copper Accents
- Addition of SES Black Appearance Package as standard on the SES trim. Offered as a standalone option on the 2020 EcoSport SES, the package includes:
- Black-painted roof
- Black spoiler
- Black Hood Decal
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Ford EcoSport continues being available exclusively in one body style – a five-door, five-passenger subcompact crossover.
In the U.S. market, the 2021 Ford EcoSport continues being offered with the following two gasoline engine choices mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
|Model Year||Manufacturer||Make||Model||Engine||Aspiration||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Transmission||Drive Type|
|2021||Ford Motor Company||Ford||EcoSport||1.0L EcoBoost I-4||Turbo||123 @ 6,000||125 @ 6,000||6-speed auto SelectShift||FWD|
|2021||Ford Motor Company||Ford||EcoSport||2.0L I-4||Atmospheric||166 @ 6,500||149 @ 4,500||6-speed auto SelectShift||AWD|
Like all units of the second-generation Ford EcoSport, the 2021 EcoSport continues to ride on the Ford global B car platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Ford B-Max
- Ford Fiesta MK VI
- Mazda 2
The 2021 Ford EcoSport should begin arriving at dealers during the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year, though that timeline might get a bit distorted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2021 EcoSport starting price is expected to be around $20,000.
We expect the second-generation Ford EcoSport to continue being offered until the 2022 model year, at which point it should be replaced by an all-model for 2023.
See our running Ford EcoSport sales tracker.
Discuss the 2021 Ford EcoSport Ford forum.